Monday 17 October 2016

Escaped

She felt very close as she clip-clopped past my window. Our sleepy brains couldn't quite fathom where she was, if she was indeed even there.

I leapt out of bed at 5.25 am to find Kira wondering around the garden with glee. Her hulk seemed enormous as I padded out into the night in bare feet and pyjamas. Having eaten her garba, trashed the newly mowed and manicured lawn, filled her tummy to bursting and avoided falling in the swimming pool - I would say my horse had had a thoroughly good party-for-one.

Reluctantly she followed me back to her stable, pretty high on calories and wanting to play.

It's still the middle of the night I hushed to her, as I would a toddler who had wondered out of their cot bed, go back to sleep. But of course that was me wide awake for the day - Googling the crap out of "What to do if your horse eats too much...."


Houdini pony 

No comments:

Post a Comment